INCA TRAIL USEFUL 2018
Our website contains everything the traveler needs to plan and enjoy hiking on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Cusco, with three routes that take from 2 to 7 days. Includes tips on how to prevent and manage altitude sickness; Background on popular culture, explanation and advice on planning and ways to make reservations as well as the purchase of permits for this spectacular Inca trek.
- Starting point – Km82 (Route Cusco Ollantaytambo)
- Start altitude – 27320m / 8920ft.
- Highest altitude – 4220m / 13,780ft (Day 2).
- Total walking distance – 45 km / 26 miles
- Longest day – second day, approximately 16 km / 9.9 miles
- Coolest night – Day 2 around -4º Celsius (colder season)
- General difficulty: moderately difficult (more information).
- Acclimatization is recommended (02 days before) Buy your permissions now